Arch Henderson LLP is committed to the well-being of all personnel, clients and stakeholders and will endeavour to ensure that no person is injured or suffers damage to their health, as a result of any work activities.
It recognises and will comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and other health and safety Legislation, and uses ISO 45001 standard as the basis for health and safety management and certification to this standard is expected early in 2019.
Health & Safety is an integral part of its management and its aims are to:
- 1. Assess the health and safety risks and hazards associated with the work activities including risks for client projects and take action to manage and mitigate identified risks and hazards;
- 2. Consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety, provide and promote a forum for employee feedback and management of health & safety concerns, opportunities, improvements and lessons learned;
- 3. Ensure all employees are competent to carry out their tasks and to provide adequate training, information, instruction and supervision;
- 4. Provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions and to invite employees to highlight any concerns about the working conditions;
- 5. “Don’t Walk By” - Promote a culture of taking ownership of situations that might cause harm to others;
- 6. Provide and maintain safe systems of work, plant and equipment and ensure safe handling, storage and use of any substances that might cause harm;
- 7. Review this policy annually and revise when required or at least annually.
The organisation and arrangements for implementing this Health and Safety Policy Statement are documented in the Health and Safety Manual, a copy of which is available to all staff on the shared server, with a hard copy being available in each office.